During a detox, soup can be a guilt-free pleasure as it provides warmth, comfort, and grounding at a time we might otherwise feel less than optimal. This particular soup is not only comforting; it was intentionally crafted with ingredients that support detoxification.
Broccoli, garlic, and onions are all rich in sulfur. This essential mineral heightens cleansing activity by stimulating liver production––the organ most responsible for filtering out unnecessary or even harmful waste and toxins. Lightly cooking and blending these pungent vegetables helps to release their potent enzymes that make the sulfuric nutrients more bio-available.
Chickpea miso is fermented bean paste, and a probiotic food. It supports the proliferation of good gut bacteria, which we need in abundance to help move unwanted bacteria and waste out of the body, and to maintain a strong immune system.
Hemp seeds offer a punch of easily digestible protein and contain all essential amino and fatty acids. By consuming these tiny gems, we can feel more sated even during a time of cleansing.
Right before serving, The Daily Good is added. The nutrients in this superfood powder provide an abundance of antioxidants, beautifying vitamins and minerals, and enzymes that delicately deepen your detox.
Serves Approximately four 1 1/2 cup servings; Time: 20 minutes
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 cup sweet onions, finely chopped
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
4 cups water
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
5 cups rough chopped broccoli, florets and stems
3 tablespoons chickpea miso
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
2 teaspoons coconut aminos
2 teaspoons Aloha Daily Good Greens
2 tablespoons chives, chopped
1 tablespoon gomasio seaweed and sesame sprinkles
1. In a medium-sized soup pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Sauté onions for two minutes, or until just tender. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
2. Add water and sea salt, turn heat to high and bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and cook for only two minutes.
3. Remove from heat and stir in miso, hemp seeds, almond milk, and coconut aminos. Stir to combine.
4. Transfer soup to a blender, tilt lid to vent, and blend on high for one minute.
5. Return to cleaned soup pot, and season with more salt if desired.
6. Let the soup cool for ten minutes and then whisk in The Daily Good.
7. Ladle into serving bowls, and garnish with gomasio and chives.