It’s quite possible I could live off of soup. Puréed variations are my favorite and I make them often in my Vitamix. The time benefit to making blended soups is you can get away with doing very little chopping prep (no need to dice…big chunks of veggies will do.) It’s not unusual for me to whip up a batch that I can enjoy for three or four days in less than 20 minutes. This twist on Cream of Broccoli soup is one them.
Makes: approx. (4) 1 1/2 cup servings
Time: 20 minutes
Blender, large soup pot
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups vegetable stock
5 cups broccoli florets
2-3 tablespoons chickpea miso (or yellow soybean variety)
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
2 teaspoons coconut aminos (or tamari)
2 tablespoons green onions or chives, chopped
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic for five minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and cook for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add miso, hemp seeds, coconut milk, and coconut aminos or tamari. Stir to combine.
- Transfer soup to a blender, tilt lid to vent, and cover with a kitchen towel. Blend on high for one minute.
- Serve with a sprinkling of hemp seeds and green onions or chives.