I can’t tell you how long I’ve been looking for a gluten and yeast-free bread that isn’t mostly tapioca and potato starch. This took a bit of practice but finally resulted in a hearty and wholesome bread I can enjoy toasted for sandwiches.
Makes: approx. 16 servings
Time: 4 hours
1/2 teaspoons sea salt
2 tablespoons baking powder (non-aluminum)
1 cup teff flour
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 1/2 cups water
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place rack in middle of oven.
2. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and then dust with brown rice flour
3. sift baking powder, salt, teff, buckweat, almond, and brown rice flours into a large mixing bowl.
4. in a separate bowl, whisk eggs with water and then stir into dry ingredients.
5. transfer bread mix to loaf pan and place in oven.
6. bake for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool with door closed for 4 hours.
7. slice and serve.