Indulging in dessert every now and then, and perhaps a small taste every day will keep your body and mind happy and healthy especially when your snacks are made with nutritious ingredients like these coconut spirulina truffles.
Makes: Approx. 20 Truffles
Time: 10 Minutes plus 30 minutes freezing
3/4 cup coconut butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut unsweetened, plus extra for rolling
1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 tsp. spirulina powder
1/4 cup pistachios, crushed
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine coconut butter, 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, vanilla extract, agave, and spirulina powder. Mix to combine.
2. Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon at a time into your hands and roll into a ball. Repeat until you have about 20 balls. Place balls on a cookie sheet.
3. Sprinkle crushed pistachios and extra shredded coconut onto two separate plates and roll each ball in the toppings as desired.
4. Place back onto to cookie sheet in a single layer and transfer to refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
5. May be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.